by Demerjee Technologies
Copyright © 2010-2013 Demerjee Technologies.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. All trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective owners.
About Countdown Timer + Stopwatch
Countdown Timer + Stopwatch by Demerjee is a simple and easy to use timer for your Android device. Set the timer for the needed time interval, click start and the countdown begins. When expired, the Timer fires a sound/vibrate notification, depending on the preferences and the capabilities of the device.
Countdown Time + Stopwatch features:
- large buttons that are easy to see and to touch on most devices
- spinner-free time entry
- stopwatch mode (count up)
- persistent notifications
- ability to wake up the device when the timer expires
- customizable preferences, including the alert sound (Full version only)
- Mobile device with Android OS 1.6 to 6.0
- Some features are not supported by Android versions earlier than 2.0
- Version 1.30
- Stopwatch mode (count up)
- Button for clearing the reminder label
- Notification icon made optional
- Miscellaneous minor fixes
- Version 1.20
- Customizable alarm sounds (full version only)
- Snooze button (full version only)
- Version 1.10
- The alarm is made easier to stop:
- Timer window pops up by default when the timer expired
- Clear button shows as Stop when the countdown is expired or active – use this button to stop the alarm
- Added the text label (reminder text) that can be associated with the countdown
- Time persists even when the device is rebooted / power cycled.
- The alarm is made easier to stop:
- Version 1.02
- More accurate explanation of preferences in the Preferences screen
- The pop-up dialog warning of disabled Preferences in the Free version is now shown only once
- Version 1.01
- Extended the functionality of Free version
- Preferences are enabled, except for Ringtone selection
- Timer can be scheduled up to 10 minutes
- Seconds are supported
Using the Timer
Entering the time
The top part of Timer app screen contains three buttons: hours, minutes and seconds. These buttons display the time entered by the user, and are also used to switch between hours, minutes and seconds entry modes.
To enter the hours / minutes / seconds, touch hours / minutes / seconds button, respectively, and then enter the needed number by touching the numeric buttons in the lower part of the screen.
You can also enter the label for the timer in the text field at the bottom of the screen (for example “Call A.B.”, or “Switch to the news channel”). Note: on some devices you might need to scroll the screen down to get to this text field. To quickly erase the text of the label, just touch the X button in the right bottom corner of the timer screen.
To clear the time touch clear button. The time will be set to 00:00:00.
Note: Time intervals over 10 minutes are available only in the Full Version.
Starting and stopping the countdown or stopwatch
- When start button says “start –“, the timer is in the countdown mode.
- When start button says “start +“, the timer is in the stopwatch (count up) mode.
- To switch between the countdown and stopwatch mode, just long touch the start button, and the mode will be changed.
- Or, you can
- press the Android menu button (or icon, depending on the device),
- select Preferences,
- and then toggle the Count Up checkbox.
See also Preferences section below.
- To start the timer just enter the time and touch start button.
- The countdown or stopwatch will start immediately
- A tiny Timer icon will appear in the notification area (top left corner of the screen). All buttons except stop become disabled
- To stop the timer touch stop button.
Clearing / Canceling the timer
When the countdown expires it shows small red icon in the notification area, and, depending on the chosen preferences emits a sound and/or vibrates:
- There are two ways to clear the Timer notification:
- Go to Notification area of your Android device, then press Clear or X button next to the Timer icon
- Go to Countdown Timer app screen and touch stop
- The same steps can be used to cancel the Timer before it has expired.
- When the timer is in stopwatch mode it never expires.
The menu appears at the bottom of the screen when you press Menu button (or icon) on your device.
- Preferences: access to customizable settings of Countdown Timer + Stopwatch.
- Reset: resets all preferences to their original (“factory”) settings.
- Help: opens this help page in the browser. Requires an Internet connection and a data plan.
- Info: Shows the About box. Pressing the Details button in the About box will take you to the Countdown Timer home page on Android Market.
- Full version: This menu item shows only if you’re running the Free version of Countdown Timer. It takes you to the home page of Countdown Timer Full version on Android Market.
- Insistent notification: Repeat the alert until the notification is canceled or notification window is opened (as opposed to sounding the alert just once).
- Auto Clear: Automatically clear the expired timer notification once it is clicked by the user in the notification window.
- Show Timer Window: Bring up the Countdown Timer window when the timer expires, so that the alert can be quickly canceled by touching stop button
- Bypass Keyguard: Bypass the Keyguard when bringing up the Countdown Timer window once the timer has expired. Available for Android OS 2.0 and later versions.
- Vibrate: Vibrate when the timer expires.
- Count Up: turns the Stopwatch mode on/off
- Show Notification: show the Timer icon in the notification area when the timer is counting
- Timer alert ringtone: Select the ringtone for the timer alert. Available only in the full version.
- Snooze Time: Choose the snooze time. Available only in the full version.
The Full version of Countdown Timer + Stopwatch you has the following features that are not available in the free version
- Setting timer for more than 10 minutes
- Additional customizable preferences, such as the alert sound
- Snooze button
- Free upgrades when/if the latter are available
The Full Version is a small separate application that unlocks the advanced functionality of Countdown Timer + Stopwatch. Do not uninstall the Free version when upgrading to the Full one!
Once you’ve upgraded, you can launch the Timer as usual by clicking on the same icon.
To install the Full version:
- Install the free version of Countdown Timer + Stopwatch by Demerjee (if you haven’t done so)
- Run the Free version of Countdown Timer + Stopwatch, press Menu, then press Full Version.
End User License Agreement
READ THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE INSTALLING OR USING THIS SOFTWARE OR DOCUMENTATION.
1. THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT TOGETHER WITH ANY APPLICABLE ADDENDUM REPRESENTS THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU (THE “LICENSEE”) AND DEMERJEE TECHNOLOGIES LLC (“DEMERJEE”) CONCERNING THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION.
2. BY INSTALLING OR USING THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT IT, DO NOT INSTALL OR USE THE SOFTWARE AND DOCUMENTATION.
3. DEMERJEE DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT TO THE LICENSEE THAT
(A) LICENSEE’S USE OF THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS
(B) ANY DEFECTS IN THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SOFTWARE WILL BE CORRECTED
4. NO INFORMATION, ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY THE LICENSEE FROM DEMERJEE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY.
5. THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE DEMERJEE ‘AS IS’ AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
6. IN NO EVENT SHALL DEMERJEE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
7. LICENSEE SHALL NOT MODIFY, ADAPT, ALTER, TRANSLATE, REVERSE ENGINEER, DECOMPILE OR DISASSEMBLE THE SOFTWARE.
8. LICENSEE SHALL NOT RENT, SELL, COPY, DISTRIBUTE OR LICENSE THE SOFTWARE TO ANY THIRD PARTY.